Monday, April 13, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Fashion Statements I Avoid


I wouldn't say that my style is narrow, but there are definitely things about recent fashion trends that I will avoid. When I look at what models wear on the runway, I'm usually confused or unimpressed. There are the most bizarre looks out there. Whether it be for modesty sake, or just something I find looks silly, here are the top ten things I find myself avoiding in the world of fashion. Don't forget to hop on over to BecKyle's list!

1. Flower Crown
I think the huge and loud flower crowns look ridiculous-especially when paired with a casual outfit.
MariaFrancescaPepe A/W '12 Look Book

But placed well, smaller, and in a more appropriate environment I think they can be a stunning piece.
Casamento na Praia | Beach Wedding - Marilia Boaretto & Marcio Gianotto - Blog Tip Lovers.

2. Pixie-cut hair
I'm not approaching this with a feminist or chauvinist place. I simply do not like having short hair, and pixie cut is the extreme of that. No I do not think you are any "less of a woman" if you have short hair, or any more of one if yours is long. Pixie cut hair is too bold for my liking.
 Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (there's a tiny headband in there!)

3. Cutouts
I have a button up sheer tee with a cutout across the shoulders, and that is the only I've found and liked. Sometimes they're inappropriately sliced, and sometimes they just don't look good. I'm not a big fan.
 cutout black maxi dress perfect for showing off my ribcage tattoo
Stencil Me In Dress #LBD great detail at neckline... In fact would look fab with the heels I just pinned

4. So...Much..Fringe
A little fringe on an accessory can be a fun touch, but I keep seeing stores selling-and celebrities wearing a massive amount of fringe. I think it looks like a wannabe cowboy/Indian minus being intentional or cultural.


Trending in street style is all things suede. How to get Olivia Palermo's look, here:


✪ Native American Influence in Cavalli's SS 2011 collection ✪ http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2011/ready-to-wear/roberto-cavalli/full-length-photos






















5. The Fanny Pack
I remember when fanny packs were the item of jokes, and it automatically made you "uncool" and now they're popular? I'll never understand.

Image result for celebrities wearing fanny packs
Image result for celebrities wearing fanny packs

6. Crazily Colored Eye Makeup
I'm a natural pallet kind of gal, and looks like this just make me think of Halloween and the 80s.
 If you're off to a summer festival, light up the party with these Northern Lights eyes. #makeup #summerfestival

7. Pocket Revealing Shorts
If your shorts aren't long enough to cover the pocket liners, you aren't wearing shorts. I'd say you're somewhere in the area of denim bikini.
denim shorts + stripes

8. These Interesting Pants
I see them all over in western stores right now. It is a little confusing. They look like pajamas to me.
I like those flowy, patterned pants better as flares.
With extra wide legs and a bright, fun print, these palazzo harem pants are a bohemian inspired fashion must have for the season! Features a wide waistband. [Fashion Fusion Patterned Palazzo Pants - Pink]

9. Overalls
I think overalls belong on babies and in snowsuits.
I just bought some overall shorts :-) ... So excited to wear them in the summer

10. Fur
I just think these look ridiculous...except on Cruela De Vill or in medieval time periods.
fur coat Find a great fur coat in Toronto - visit the Yukon Fur Co. at http://yukonfur.com
i'm kind of obsessed with this red dress worn under this fur vest. the floppy hat is also amazing

Thanks for reading! Now check out Becky's as well. Happy Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment