Monday, March 2, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Motivate Me

Some days I just need a little motivation. Whether it's because I'm feeling discouraged, lazy, or any other thing you can think of..it never hurts to have some motivating tools in my utility belt. So here are the things I personally use when I need a little boost. Don't forget to hop on over to BecKyle's page and check out her list too!

1. The Gospel
Nothing can more quickly or effectively remind me of what I need to hear, or put things in perspective. I'm not perfect, so I don't turn to this as often as I should..but when I do, I feel silly for not doing it all the time. Quite honestly I could leave it at this, because all the other reasons stem off of it in some kind of way. But I won't do that to you :) By the way, if you are unsure of what the Gospel is, click here.

2. Psalm 23
While it is one of the more popular Psalms, it is one of my favorites. It reminds me of God's sovereignty, and Father-like characteristics. It also makes me think of John Chapter 10, which is another great way to put my thoughts into perspective.

3.
When I am reminded to stop what I'm doing and spend time in prayer, it always without a doubt helps. I could benefit from this being posted everywhere I go..

4. 

This reminder-that I can't do anything beyond forgiveness- can always motivate me to get back up again.

5. 

When I hear degrading comments, or see my mom have a rough day, or become overwhelmed myself, it is nice to be reminded of purpose. 

Now onto the music half of my list! You aren't surprised are you? :)

6. "The Proof of Your Love" by For King and Country
These guys are pretty fantastic. And this song is one of my all time favorites. It instantly makes me question my attitude, and if such attitude needs changing, it usually leads to conviction and just that! 

7. "All About Love" by Steven Curtis Chapman
This one gives me a new outlook when I am in need.



8. "Made" by Hawk Nelson
Because sometimes I just need to hear it. It's more about the Creator than the creation.



9. "Awake and Alive" by Skillet
There's just something about this song that can get me pumped. And many others I'm sure. 



10. "Defying Gravity" performed by Idina Menzel
Not as if I believe I can fly, or any figurative sense of the word..but this song is just one of those that leaves you motivated. It is from the Broadway Musical, "Wicked".



No comments:

Post a Comment