Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Reason's I'm a "Lister"

If it weren't obvious enough by these Top Tens...I am a "lister" :) I have been for really as long as I can recall-and until now, I'd never thought about why I am. Reflecting on it has actually been interesting, because all of the reasons make perfect sense, they appeal to details about my personality. Don't forget to read BecKyle's list as well! :) 


1. Remembrance 
With all of the things running around in my mind, lists are helpful for remembering. I can only imagine how much more I'll use them (Lord willing) in the future being a wife and mother. They definitely are and will always be a good tool for helping me remember.

2.Motivation
For me, when I have a busy week, day, etc. ahead of me, and lots of things to do...it can be hard to get motivated. When I have a period of time that is going to be filled with various activities, I can get tired just thinking about it...but lists help me with that. Usually being overwhelmed consists of having so much on your plate that it seems like there's more than there actually is..just because you're stressed. And with a list made, I have things in sight and I remember what really needs to be done, its easier for me to de-stress and get motivated.

3.Daily Work
When getting into new regiments or when I'm just getting out of old ones, a list helps me to develop good habits and to have a more disciplined attitude.

4. Prioritize
With an overall more disciplined attitude, priorities are going to more easily stay in check. Listing helps me instill those attitudes in my daily routine, and with those attitudes, prioritizing is more successful.

5.I'm Passionate and Dedicated
My personality is one of passion. I am the kind of person who is usually all in or all out, and I'm also competitive.  Listing appeals to this quality of mine, because I want to work to get everything done, or to complete everything on my list.

6.Accomplishment
Because of my dedication and passion, I also enjoy the feeling of accomplishment I get by just having a finished list.

7.Eases My Mind
If I don't make a list, whether it be things I need to pack or just things to accomplish that day, I will feel like I'm forgetting something. Even if I'm not, I will doubt myself and feel like something was left incompleted. My mind is eased when I have a list because I'm less likely to forget, especially something crucial.

8. Accountability
When there is a tangible list of what needs to be done or remembered, it can help keep me accountable, because it's right there in front of me. I'll be kicking myself later if I purposefully neglected something I needed to do, and if it's on a list, I'm less likely to do so.

9. I Like to Cross Things Off
Again it's that feeling of accomplishment, or completion. A few days ago my mom was laughing at herself and sharing with me the fact that she will write things on a list that she's already done, just to cross them off! I found myself laughing with her, and then realizing, I do the same thing myself!  I like to cross things off and get that sense of completion.

10.Organized Ideas
I like to organize things- rearranging and making situations more functional is fun for me. I tell my mom all the time how I'm sure I'll enjoy couponing when I have my own household, because it's planning a trip, making a list, just getting everything lined out..etc. I just like to organize things, and I'm sure that plays a role in my list-y habits :)

I have many notebooks that look like this :) 

1 comment:

  1. I get ALL your reasons, but I particularly like #7! So very true!

    ReplyDelete