Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Friends I Haven't Met...Yet :)



After much brainstorming, and list-narrowing..here are my top ten friends I haven't met...yet :) Also, don't forget to jump over to BecKyle's list! :) 

1. C.S. Lewis
I don't think much explanation is needed...I wish I could go have coffee (and by that I mean hours upon hours) with C.S. Lewis. So fantastically wise and profound. 

2. Margaret Mitchell 

"Gone With the Wind" came from this woman's mind.. yeah I think we could be friends :)

3. Louie Giglio
If you have never heard of him, or seen a video of his...Google him this moment. My favorite of his is "Indescribable", and a close second is "Symphony" (here is a post of mine about "Symphony"). He is definitely worth a listen.

4. Jane Austen
The number of popular and incredible books this woman has written are outstanding. I would love to know her, but because she is no longer alive, maybe we'll meet in Heaven, who knows? (trick question..God does) :) 

5. Queen Esther

This woman is from the Bible, so we don't know what she looked like, and being from that long ago, she is also dead..a hope of mine is to meet her in heaven. She definitely wasn't perfect (like ALL of us) and is not to be idolized as some do with Bible characters...but Esther is one I would love to befriend. She has good character, and it would be interesting to hear all about her experiences.

6. A random lady in "Sam's Club"
One day while shopping in "Sam's Club", I noticed a lady. She looked about my age, was wearing the shirt above, had a home-made TARDIS beanie, and a sonic screwdriver tucked into her back pocket (the last two are memorabilia of the BBC show "Doctor Who"). I never said anything to her, but I feel like we could have become good friends.  

7. J.K. Rowling

Who wouldn't want to know the author of the HP series?!? (Not to mention the fact that she's THAT generous)

8. Corrie Ten Boom 

Just thinking about her story and book, I feel like I may start spontaneously weeping. Wow, incredible woman. 

9. Benedict Cumberbatch 
Can we be friends? No really. If not Benedict, than at least someone like the character he plays in "Sherlock". Pleeeeeeease?

10. Whoever came up with coffee
...or tea...or chocolate. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaand once again, we have many similarities! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that will keep happening :)

      Delete